This cabbage celery juice recipe is the zingy little number I had this afternoon. Perhaps not the most appetising. BUT I used my very own beginner juicing tips to make it palatable. I am, in fact, very pleased how nice it turned out.
Quick and easy, here we go.
Cabbage Celery juice
- 4 savoy cabbage leaves
- 1 large stick of celery
- 1 lemon
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 apple – I prefer coloured to green
- 5 or 6 small carrots
This recipe is no more than my get out of jail beginners tips added to straight cabbage and celery juice! SO it’s bound to be good. Careful with the ginger, it can be overpowering. Along with the lemon this adds a lot of zing.
You’ll notice the zing for some time afterwards…
So just chop up you’re ingredients. Feed them into your masticating juicer and bish bash bosh – lovely juice. This is ample for two people but I tend to dilute a little with filtered water. Besides boosting the yield, this ensures all the good guys are in the glass.
Nutrient check – which good guys
Here’s a quick look at exactly what good guys we can expect in your cabbage celery juice recipe.
- vitamin A – carrots
- vitamin C – cabbage, carrot, apple, lemon
- vitamin K – cabbage, celery
- anti-inflammatory – ginger, carrots
Of course this does not cover all nutrients; certainly not phyto-chemicals. However, these are the main good guys in the juice. Of course, the anti-inflammatory element is superb for suppressing bad guy invaders wanting to make you ill. This juice is great for resistance to illness. Great in the winter but zingy enough for summer too!
What do these vitamins do?
- Vitamin A is required for new cell growth, healthy skin, hair, and tissues. It’s also important to aid vision in dim light.
- Vitamin C is an important antioxidant. It is required for the formation of collagen to hold the cells together. It maintains healthy teeth, gums and blood vessels. It also improves iron absorption and resistance to infection.
- Vitamin K is required for efficient blood clotting and synthesis of proteins found in plasma, bone and the kidneys.
Thanks for the vitamin explanations from the NutriStrategy site.
So this lovely cabbage celery juice will keep you well! Try it but be careful with the ginger it can take over if you’re too keen with it! This juice is probably an intermediate juice as the cabbage and celery are not beginners veggies.